What Information We Collect
The information we collect on our Site and through your use of our Product or Services generally falls into the following two categories: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. If we combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information, the combined information will be treated as Personally Identifiable Information for as long as it remains combined.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include: your name, date of birth, e-mail address, login name, passwords, etc. We request Personally Identifiable Information when you register on the Site or through the Product.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. The non-personally identifiable data we collect when you visit our Site may include: the browser you use to access our Site, the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the Web site that you came from before visiting our Site, the pages you visit on our Site, the URL you go to when you leave our Site, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any search terms you enter while on our Site.
We also may collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information in the form of statistics and information regarding the Product user’s statistics, which may be combined with personal information you submit through the Product. We may request additional information as part of your profile such as your weight, gender, handedness (right or left), prior injury history, throwing velocity, team name, etc.
Your use of the Product may also include collection of information from your mobile device. For example, the FPG mobile application may request your permission to collect location data. It is not essential for you to provide us with location data, so if you do not want to share your location data with FPG, please respond accordingly when prompted on your mobile device, or visit your mobile device settings.
Why We Collect Information About You
Our primary goals in collecting information from and about you are to:
1) provide you with all the features and functions of the Site and the Product,
2) communicate with you regarding our Site and Product,
3) personalize your experience when you use our Site and Product.
We may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information on an aggregated and anonymous basis to understand how visitors use our Site and/or Product. We use this information to gather statistical information, improve the content of our Site, make our Site easier to use, and customize our advertising (but we will not provide Personally Identifiable Information to advertisers). We may also use information relating to use of the Site, Service and Product on an anonymous and aggregate basis for research purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to develop new designs and protocols. When your information is used for such purposes, it will be used anonymously and will not be tied to your Personally Identifiable Information.
How We Collect Information
We collect Personally Identifiable Information only when you provide it to us. If you do not want your Personally Identifiable Information to be used or collected, please do not submit it to us. There may be times, such as when a User registers through the Site and/or Product and/or signs up for any other product or service we may offer through the Site or the Product, at which we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, gender, etc. It will be totally up to you to decide if you are willing to provide us with this information. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to use certain services and content on our Site, or that may be available by using the Product.
Our Site and Product may automatically collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including the web page from which you enter our Site, which web pages you visit, and how much time you spend on each page. Your mobile device may also collect certain information, if permitted by you, including geolocation data.
How We Use Information About You
Our primary use of your information is to provide you with Services through the Site and the Product. Your information (for example, your username and various metrics for activities) may be shared with other Users of the Product or Site with whom you choose to share information (for example, a teammate, friend, or coach). You can update your preferences regarding the sharing of your information at any time by accessing your Profile on the Site.
We may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to develop new product ideas, for research, marketing, and promotional purposes, and we may share such information with third parties on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
We may also use the information you provide us if you need customer service or technical support.
How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Because no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, even though we will try to make reasonable efforts to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the unlikely event of a data breach, you will be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
We urge you to keep any password for use of the Service and/or Site confidential and not to disclose it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you leave our Site.
How to Correct or Remove Personal Information
If you do not want us to collect or store your Personally Identifiable Information, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted personal information and would like us to correct or remove your information from our records, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act
For parents of FPG Product users under 13, please email email@example.com if you want to:
1) access the personally identifiable information that FPG has collected from your child,
2) edit or delete any such information, or
3) request that we no longer collect or maintain such information.
Upon receiving your request, to protect your child’s privacy and security online, we will first verify your identity before granting you access to the personal information we collect and maintain about your child.
Disclosures to Third Parties
We do not routinely share your Personally Identifiable Information, or the Personally Identifiable Information of your child, with third parties.
However, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties as follows:
1) We may use other companies to perform services associated with our Site or Service including but not limited to processing credit card transactions and/or sending emails. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf.
2) If you are a high school or college baseball player, we may share your name and data associated with any testing and training you perform on the device to any Major League Baseball (“MLB”) organization for the purpose of player evaluation. But before we share any Personally Identifiable Information with any MLB organization, the organization will be required to sign an Agreement with FPG acknowledging that it will use your Personally Identifiable Information only for internal purposes.
3) In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
4) When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
5) In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Links to Third Party Sites and/or Integration with Third Party Platforms
Our Site and Product may interface with third party sites and services, (for example, social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other third-party applications, sites, or services). Our Site may also contain links to websites operated and maintained by third parties, over which we have no control.
FPG may choose to facilitate login to our Site and sharing of FPG activities with existing friends and contacts by allowing you to sign into the Site using login credentials from your existing social media account. This allows you to associate your existing social media profile with your FPG account. If you these accounts are linked, FPG will have access to certain profile information contained within your social media profile; this may include your full name, e-mail, locale, gender, profile picture, and friends list as well as other publicly available profile information. FPG uses this information only to facilitate your use of the FPG Product and your sharing of FPG content with existing friends and contacts. No FPG content will ever be shared on your social media profile without your express permission and affirmative action. You can disassociate your social media account from your FPG account at any time by accessing your social media platform settings.
Questions or Feedback
Last modified: March 3, 2022
Get access to the latest research and FPG updates.